September 2012

September 2012

Friday, November 15, 2013

The Morning Breaks


I have decided to use hymns as titles, mostly randomly, to avoid  “Some cute pics from Nov.”  “Some cute pics from Oct.”  which is all I can usually think of.  (although this one fits.  The toddlers are still adjusting to daylight savings time. 5:15am, anyone?)

I have been trying to not feel frustrated at the little I can get done each day.  I know Heavenly Father does not expect more of me than I can do, but I get impatient with myself.   

I am a human do-ing, John is a human be-ing.  I am mostly happy when I get stuff done!  (see John L. Lund   For All Eternity  - our favorite marriage c.d.-  he is just funny in general!  Thanks, Joe, for introducing us!)  "How can you be so calm when the house is a mess?!"  "It's just a talent I have."

We are pretty organized-  laundry gets done (thanks, Mark!), meals are mostly on time  (Thanks, Sarah, Mark, and James!!!), things are mostly picked up  (thanks, me!).   But I feel pretty bummed if I don’t get at least a little extra (papers sorted, blog posted, pants mended, etc.).   So I am bummed most of the time!

(I get lots of snuggles, though, and that helps!)


(Baby Vampire!)

I SHOULD be super-grateful!  I was only nauseous for a month, and I only need a little extra sleep.  I made some small dietary changes, but I don’t know if that is why.  I still ate stuff I shouldn’t.   I am really blessed, but not as grateful as I should be!  .   Walking around and NOT feeling exhausted or like throwing up is something you take for granted really quickly!

I should probably change my expectations, per Virginia Hinckley Pearce .(She had 4 kids under 4, I think- 1 set of twins).   YAY!   The kids are all alive today!  I am a great mom!!!

I was buckling Joan in her car seat yesterday (the Barnes’ gave us some lovely cut deer meat we picked up.  Yay!) and I was singing “It’s a jolly holiday with Joanie!  Joanie makes the sun shine bright!”  (it was chilly (50?) , but very sunny)   She looked around at the bright sky and said “I DO?!”   

(I explained she makes the sun shine bright for Mom and Dad because we would be sad if we didn’t have her, and she was happy with that, too.)




Eva is adorable.   Quick to smile and super-snuggly (at least with me, anyway!)   Very cheerful and easy going. (I have gotten several of those in a row.  I don’t mind!!!)   If she is crying-  she is usually hungry, tired, or needs a diaper change!

Her favorite word is “Hi!”, which she says “Hieeyiyiyi!” going up and down in pitch.  She also barks when she hears dogs on our walks.  Squeals, jabbers, and barks when she sees any animal, including cats and squirrels.  She can do the “more” sign (she always wants more food!)  She has said “Uh-oh” a few times.    She will sometimes give kisses and give high-fives, but if you are a brother (or a silly grandpa) she will probably grin and smack you in the face.




She is eating super-gourmet baby food (homemade Paleo).   She WON’T drink much water (my kids usually don’t, until they are around 1), so I have to mix it with her food and it takes FOREVER to feed her.  I spend most of my time doing this (except when other adorable people help me!  Thank you!!!):




I got to take a salmon-pumpkin-bellpepper soup bath this morning because she was over-eager and pulled the bowl into my lap!  



(Mark pretending to be electrocuted.  Pretty convincing, I think)


Eva with my Dad at Trunk-or-Treat.
James is the skeleton behind
(I did his face paint.  Hurrah for me!)
Joan and Ammon are unseen, sitting on the sidewalk behind.
They sat still for 30 mins (rare) munching out of their own little pretzel bags.

Mark, Sarah, James and Kate have all been in a play-  “Dr. Dolittle” with Franklin Area Community Theater.  I don't have any good pics (not totally dark) of them yet. 
Maybe next time...

1 comment:

  1. I love the update! We're so sad we missed your call the other day. :-(

    Your kids are all getting sooo big! And Eva is ADORABLE!

    Hugs,
    Rachel and fam

    ReplyDelete